Sunday 4 January 2015

No New Year's Resolutions



Happy New Year everyone, wherever you may be in this gorgeous world of ours.

I hope 2015 proves to be everything you make of it.

What will be your New Year's resolutions???

Me, I'm not making resolutions - I'm making goals.  Goals that will help me to stay healthy and on track for both food and exercise.



So, my goals this year will focus on fitness and health.  By focusing on running goals, my weight will be maintained.  Last year I had a monetary goal as well, which I achieved but I will also share my monetary/family goal in a few minutes.

2015 Goals:

  • To run two half marathons:
    • Canberra - April, will be a good solid run
    • Gold Coast - July, will be a pb
  • Europe - July - October
    • Garry and I will have  a 12 week holiday to Europe in July and return home in October.  This is something I've wanted to do for many many years.  It will be done on a budget and will involve lots of running.  I've already found 10km events in Ireland and London and a 5km event in Scotland.
2015 Events:

January
31st   10km Sun Run, Sydney

February
22nd   Enticer Triathlon, Huskisson (open water swim eeekk)

March
22nd   Enticer Triathlon, Parramatta

April
12th    Half Marathon Canberra

May
2nd  MS Mega Swim.  As part of a team, we'll swim for 24 hours
10th  4km or 8km Mothers Day Classic, Parramatta
17th   SMH Half Marathon Relay (14.5km leg)


July
5th   Half Marathon, Gold Coast

some runs throughout Europe - will be keeping my eyes open for any in France, Italy and Spain.  

Oct/Nov
10km Rebel Run, Sydney

Nov
10km Central Coast

Happy running and healthy eating to all my friends :)








2 comments:

  1. It's going to be a great year! Thanks for sharing it with me Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness you really have got your year planned out. What a year you have ahead. And how amazing will it be to do the runs in Europe, oh my gosh. Even the Garmin or Runkeeper maps will be part of your keepsake memories. I am green with envy. And I bet once you're over there you'll find even more. Can't wait to live vicariously through you Sue!

    ReplyDelete