Friday 13 June 2014

Just a quiet weekend

Oh my, how life has changed.

The weekend just gone was the Queen's Birthday long weekend.  A couple of years ago it would've been the opportunity to sleep in all three days, stay in my pjs all day and have a movie marathon and a half, with lots of comfort food.

This weekend was quite different and I'm feeling so much the better for it.

Saturday morning was my LSR - the previous post, a whole 19km!!!!

Sunday morning I woke up a bit stiff, with some muscle fatigue but a bit of rolling and stretching and muscles were feeling good.  Sunday afternoon I went to Run Club where I completed the HARD workout - 10km!!!  No PBs, but I'm happy to be turning up and completing the workout.

Sunday night was a relatively early night, with Garry and I joking that we're so tired in the evenings, in bed by 9pm after big workouts.

Monday morning was an early start, leaving home at 6.45 to cycle to the Ettamogah Pub to meet a great group of runners, who put their cycle helmets on for a ride out to Richmond for breakfast, then home again.

It was a freezing morning, omg with double layers, my toes freezing, my hand were freezing (even with gloves on) and my face was freezing.  My face was so cold it felt like I'd been to the dentist and had a numb jaw - it was difficult to talk.

My ride out to Richmond was 31km, followed by a yummy breakfast, then a 25km home to the pub, where I called Garry to come and pick me up.  I could've cycled home, I should've cycled home, but was cutting it close to a movie date I had with my daughter.


Needless to say, I was in bed by about 7.30pm, resting the weary legs and had a very appreciative massage on Tuesday afternoon.  The muscles felt fine on Tuesday, and I truly believe the cycle did them the world of good.

Loving the new lifestyle but am secretly wanting just one day where I can have my movie marathon - not quite sure when that will happen.  But it will be thoroughly enjoyed when it does happen

1 comment:

  1. You will enjoy the movie marathon all the more when it finally happens. Great work again Sue.

    ReplyDelete