Monday 7 April 2014

Week 3 wrap up, my first hurdle

Week 3 wrap up ...................... aaahhhhh

This pic sums up my week :(




Week 3 started out positively, with a good 5km hilly run.  I really enjoyed the run, even though it was a battle to get out of bed on a dark Wednesday morning.  But certainly a good feeling of accomplishment once I got home, and then BOOM!!!!  Discovered I'd had my garmin on the cycle feature :(  Luckily it was easy to edit online but my calorie burn wouldn't have been very accurate.

Thursday at work (I'm a teacher), one very snotty nosed student is sent to school, said student goes through a whole box of tissues.  The conversation between teacher and student;

Teacher:   If you're sick, you need to stay home and get better.

Student:  Mum and Dad have to go to work.

Teacher:  If you're sick, it's your parents responsibility to look after you.

Student:  But Mum and Dad have to go to work every day.

Send student to office to call home, mum comes to pick him up and she's wearing a NSW Health blouse.  What doesn't she get about sending sick kids to school.

Friday morning I wake up with razor blades in my throat and a nose that will not stop running ................. AAAHHHH I've caught the bug off the snotty nosed kid.

No LSR on Saturday or Sunday, needed to rest.  No Run Club on Sunday.  It felt strange to not run.  One half of my brain wanted to run, but the other half knew I needed to rest and get better.  Let's hope it pays off on Saturday.

My plan is to try a cycle tomorrow morning and then a 5-6km run on Wednesday morning.  

I have a 10km run on Saturday in Canberra, then watching friends run the Canberra half and full marathon.



A great weekend is going to be had by all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment