Tuesday 1 April 2014

Week 2 wrap up

Feeling good in the head ............ yay!!!!

Time for week 2 wrap up.

Last Sunday I thought I'd hurt my hamstring and was feeling some pain/discomfort, but a visit to the osteopath diagnosed sciatica nerve pain.  I can still run and exercise but now have extra exercises to do as well.

This weeks workouts went really well.  I'm running three times a week and also incorporating cycling, swimming, yoga and some strength.  Unfortunately strength has not been my strength :(  It's too easy for me to just go for a run.  But I'm going to work on doing a HIIT (high intensity interval training) on a Tuesday afternoon.

Wednesday - 5km hill run.  I tried a different route instead of the M7 cycleway and enjoyed it  - lots of rolling hills.  Next week I'm going to try it in reverse.

Saturday - LSR (9km).  My goal was to run at a 6.50 pace.  I was running with hubby and a few faster run club runners.  We met at the Ettamogah Pub and headed east on Old Windsor Rd - relatively flat.  I started off feeling fresh and at about a 6.30 pace, slowed down a bit, but found I could still comfortably run at about 6.40.  Hubby thinks I've still got more in the tank for race days.  Maybe I have, maybe I've been focusing too much on finishing rather than pushing through the comfort zone.

Run club session - note to self, when programming work out and walking up the street, select the workout, rather than pressing 'ready to run'.  I ran 1km, wondering why my watch wasn't beeping at me to slow down or speed up.  At the 1km mark it beeped and I realised I'd not selected my workout.  So I did an extra 1km run.  Run club sessions are quite difficult, usually intervals and pushing you.  Yep, it did push me.


Happy to be around healthy, fun loving people :)

Bring on Week 3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment