Friday 28 March 2014

Week 1 Half Marathon Training

Week 1 Training:

The head is in a good space at the moment.  I was on a high after the triathlon, took a few days off to rest and have a massage - just what my body needed after a big couple of weeks.

This week I officially signed up for the Gold Coast Half Marathon and started the training.  16 weeks, let's go girls!!!!

5km hilly run - Nice run along the M7 cycleway.  Legs felt good and breathing was good.  Time 36.43

LSR - 8km from the Ettamogah Pub east towards Kings Langley and back (4kms out and back).  This was my first LSR for quite some time and being a shorter distance than I was used to I decided to play around with my pace.  At the moment I'm running with no music (Iphone music has packed up), so this gave me time to focus on how I felt and what pace felt comfortable.  I was happy to run at less than 7 min pace and my first ever negative split.

Sunday - Run Club workout.  This is usually a tougher workout, programmed into my Garmin.  Mr D programmed my workout and I really should check it before I leave home because one part had 5 repeats of an interval, but the repeats weren't programmed :(  A little bit disappointed because I was feeling good and very focused on following the plan and pushing myself.

Sunday afternoon, just before run club I met with the Running Whisperer where we went over some goals and pace.  It was a good chat, gave me some direction and some goals with my pace.  I now know what to work towards with my LSR and the half marathon .......... 6.38 min pace for 21.1km ............. OMG!!!!

Sunday afternoon I felt a twinge in my hamstring and was worried it was muscular but it didn't get worse or better when I was running.  Time to make an appointment with my osteopath

Week 1 wrap up ............... feeling good in body and mind, except for the twinge :)


No comments:

Post a Comment