Monday 28 April 2014

10 weeks to go!!!

Week 6 training done, 10 weeks to go!!!

A quick recap of week 6 training;

  • Tuesday was take 2 of Run Club workout, all worked out, I pressed the right buttons and completed it.  YAY!!!!
  • Wednesday was 7km hill run, the distance has increased from 5km and I planned out a route that would take me pretty much the whole way.  I don't like running to home then having to go on.  It's funny what we grow to like and dislike with routes.  My sciatica was quite sore today and I struggled with the hills - didn't make my 7 min pace, but I did run the whole way.
  • Saturday was LSR with Garry for 13kms.  We left from the Ettamogah and ran west for 6.5km then turned around.  My goal was to run at a 7 min pace and I did it!!!  Average of 6.59.  Feeling fitter, still struggling with distances over 10km, it's pushing me out of my comfort zone AGAIN!!!
  • Sunday was Run Club workout, this was a tough one, of quite a few fast intervals, which ended up being a whole big 8.7km!!!  I surprised myself, and was running faster than my programmed time, so had to slow down a bit.  Next time I'll be setting my watch for faster times.  And what really impressed me was that one of the intervals I had to run for 1 min at my 1km pace - about 4.50, the last interval of this I got to 4.42 - was stuffed, but a happy stuffed.
I worked out some stats this morning from the week that was;
  • Ran 37km
  • Cycled 75km
  • Swam, a little 1km

Back to work today and one of the first activities was to look at some pictures and stand by the one that you can relate to and explain why, whether it's to do with teaching or personal life.  One of the first ones I saw, I thought, yep, that's for me.  I did look at all the others, but went back to the original.  Anyone who knows me and my running, know that it's been more of a battle with my head than the fitness side of things (Donna, Molly, Kaz).

So, this was just for me;


ps, I've set myself a goal to lose 5kg by Gold Coast and this week I've been logging all my food on My Fitness Pal app.  It's made me realise I've let the reins go a little, so the reins are now tightened.

2 comments:

  1. You have had a massive week! That was a mighty pace you achieved! Well done.

    Yes, you have struggled with your head at times, but like your body, you have worked hard with it, and it has been responding to training, just as your body has :) Nothing works better to train the mind into believing, than actually achieving your goals and doing the work to make that happen.
    I think those voices in your head weren't really yours. Maybe a parent's, or a collection of lots of different voices from different times and places? But you are finding your own voice now, and it's coming out a bit louder and a bit stronger in support of what your body can do.
    I would be interested in reading about some of the things you have done, maybe not consciously, that you can identify as being helpful in helping you with your 'head' :) Pretty sure that would make interesting reading.
    Great Blog Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazingly full week Sue! Goodness you are aetting yourself up for success for sure, and I'm in awe of that pace for a LSR as opposed to my HICO pace! LOL

    Carol / www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete